This is dumb.
I have lived in Columbus nearly my entire life. I grew up in Dublin and went to school there, K-12. Like many a Columbus lifer, I attended The Ohio State University, earning a B.A. and an M.A. in art history. Despite having lived in the 614 area for 25 years, I have only now realized that I know very little about my hometown. Somehow, being a sweet suburbanite shielded me from really experiencing this city. I suppose I was short on local curiosity as a teen, though I am never low on nosiness. Anyway! About five or six years ago, I began to notice an increasing interest in “Ohio Pride”, for lack of a better term. The more prevalent this trend/affection has become, the more I’ve questioned its origins.
1. I’m currently watching a marathon of Snapped. It’s about women who kill their husbands. It’s literally the most addicting show in the world.
2. These are in no particular order, so deal with it. Motion City Soundtrack- Commit This To Memory; The Beach Boys- Pet Sounds; Brand New- Deja Entendu; Cursive- The Ugly Organ; Jack’s Mannequin- Everything In Transit; Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago; The Who- Tommy; Dashboard Confessional- Swiss Army Romance; Fall Out Boy- From Under the Cork Tree (don’t judge)
3. cheese and ice cream
4.Beirut- The Concubine; Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin- House Fire; The Decemberists-Raincoat Song; Buddy Holly- Dearest; Barbra Streisand- My Man
5. Um. Any of my fabulous Betsey Johnson dresses. I want to be her muse.
6. Yes. His name is Bryan and at the risk of sounding cheesy, he’s more than amazing. He made me pancakes this morning. So yeah.
7. I was a local partnerships specialist for Google until they decided to pull out of Columbus and leave me depressed and despondent on my couch, searching in vain for a job that could ever compare. Obviously, I’m still really salty about this. So, unemployed and miserable.
8. I haven’t been all over the world, but even if I have, I would still pick the Marblehead Lighthouse.
9. Hmm. My Keurig and my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles raincoat.
10. I am an alumni of THE Ohio State University.
Thanks for the random.
I think I look better with it, but thanks.